Monday, October 6, 2008

Oh My

Oh my! I knew it had been a while since my last entry, but I didn't realize it had been sooooo long. Can you say "Life"? I knew you could. Yes, I have to admit that life has been busy, non-stop, chaotic and out of routine. Instead of trying back date, I have decided to give an overview of the last month.

We finished our home projects. All of the main areas and the office have been painted Dapper Tan. The kitchen and bathrooms have new tile. The office and dining room have new light fixtures. We like it, in fact I would buy it again. Sydnie was very disappointed we did not paint her room blue, since that is in fact her favorite color right now. Somehow sell-ability doesn't mean much to a three-year-old.

Our house is on the market. We have had 2 lookers, but no buyers. I can't imagine why...We can take the company buy-out this month, so we don't have the added pressure of needing to sell immediately. The house is clean, but I must admit I have relaxed my expectations with no prospects knocking on the door. We do still live here and I have to give up a little control of the living /neat factor. That's not so easy, but we're making it :)

We went to Dallas last week and found a house. It is in Rockwall, east of Dallas across from Lake Ray Hubbard. It's in a great neighborhood on a cul-de-sac and we can see the neighborhood lake from the front yard. We are in the 10 day inspection and waiting period with a closing date of November 10. We are all ready to move and get settled, even though we hate to leave San Antonio. This has truly been our home away from home. I'll write more about our transition as the move approaches. Sydnie will miss her friends and her school, but is excited about the future, as she can understand it. She will get her big girl bed when we move, so she has an added incentive to move.

Sydnie and Regan celebrated their 4th birthday. We had a princess/fairy theme since Regan loves princesses and Syd "is really into fairies right now". The moon bounce was a pink castle. The little princesses loved it!! Thanks Joy and Cory for your generousity.

I am sure there are things I have missed in this filmstrip of our lives. (It's a little too long to be a snapshot this time.) Sydnie has given up naps and quiet time is not much. I'll have to find another time to blog. Hopefully, I'll be able to add more pictures. As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words, I just have to remember to use the main computer since that is where the digital equipment is hooked up. Oh, well, as I said. "Life" there is never a dull moment and always too much happening. I pray you are able to see God's goodness in the midst of your 'busyness'. In all of the transition that is one thing we are reminding ourselves: God has a plan for us, we just have to have the faith and the eyes to see it. There is much to unfold, and I'll will be honored to share it with you.

Blessings

2 comments:

Chera said...

I've missed you! Sounds like you have been busy, but getting alot accomplished. I know this transition will be a hard one, but know that we're all just a phone call, email, and a blog away!! ;o) Love you bunches!

Tamra said...

Busy indeed!

Quick funny: This a.m., I was checking on the pre-k class as usual. Syd was up in arms because Lindy wouldn't let her play with the beach ball. I asked, "Sydnie, did you ask Lindy for a turn?" She crinkled up her face as she thought it over for half a second, then immediately brightened and informed me that that was a GREAT idea and she'd try it. Ha!

We're going to miss you all terribly when you're gone. I'm already jealous of your new church home!