Friday, June 20, 2008

June 20, 2008

I am trying to do some training for the Half-Marathon in November again. I ran it last year and had so much fun, so I decided I wanted to run it again this year, but with a faster time...actually running to complete it and not running it for the experience. I don't know if that makes sense to anyone but me, oh well. Now that we are out of school, I am running with Sydnie in the stroller; she asks to get out and run a little and asks like a broken record if the run is finished. Tim fixed the MP3 player for her so she would have something to do and keep her mind busy. It does seem to help, but let's face it-she is getting heavy. I can come up with many excuses not to run with her: it's harder with her, I don't get any quiet time, she complains, etc. The fact is, I just need to change my perspective and be thankful for the time we have to share and the ability to take her with me. My Dad sent me a link to a YouTube/GodTube video clip this morning. Man, did it slap me in the face and make me cry!! Not only should I change my perspective of thankfulness, I should relish the opportunities and blessings God has given me, even when they are embedded in situations that may hide them, or I just don't see them as clearly. Thanks, Mom and Dad for that reminder that good things come from above and worth the effort!!

What an inspiration for me, hopefully it will inspire you as well.

http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=8cf08faca5dd9ea45513

2 comments:

Shannon West said...

well looky here! I didn't know you were blogging!

keep on movin'... I set up the treadmill in the garage so the girls can play out front in the mornings and I can jog/walk (with a fan blowing on me)

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

I just stumbled on your blog, Julie.

I admire your motivation and wish you all the best as you train!!!

Love,
Lisa