Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy July 4th!

I attended my first tea party on the 4th. It was not a dainty tea party with cucumber sandwiches, but a political Tea Party to give information about the state of affairs of bills, Congress, and other political events on the Capital grounds. I have much information to sort through, but it seems our Congressmen will be hearing from me again, and again, and again. They don't seem to understand their jobs anymore, so I think we, as American citizens, need to remind them exactly what the phrase, "of the people, for the people, by the people" means and has not been forgotten.

I would like to wish everyone a happy and safe Fourth of July holiday. May you enjoy and appreciate the peace and freedom you have been given by the sacrifices of others. Never forget...

No comments: